www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Grome - rtf files not using Grome supplied viewer « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
speedcm
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Grome - rtf files not using Grome supplied viewer Reply with quote

Grome provides information to the end user with .rtf files. These files are accessed during the install and from the start menu.

On my system, .rtf files are associated with Microsoft Word. I have Microsoft Word on my system but it is not activated.

So, during the install, the README does not pop up. In the Menu, the EULA is not visible.

The Grome documentation (e.g. rtf file for install, rtf files in menu) should be viewed in a viewer only deployed by the installation of Grome. That way, all users will be able to see the documentation.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .rtf files saved by the installation (readme and EULA) are viewed with the associated programs (this is a windows shell standard). I cannot reproduce your bug since for me they work fine. They were previously associated with WordPad and now I've associated with Word and they still work correctly. Are they opened with your Word if you open them normally from file explorer?

Jump to: