www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

.BT and.RAW file import « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
makit3d
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: .BT and.RAW file import Reply with quote

I've tried importing .BT files and it has resulted in spikes and missing data in the terrain. I would normally assume this is due to the exporting of the file, but I was hoping to get some light shed on this file import type as well as the .RAW import option.

With the .RAW option does it default to a terrain size regardless of the image being imported? Or does it grab that information from the file(s) and allow you to change the values to suit your needs?

When I imported a .RAW file it was larger than the original. As I chose to execute the creation of the terrain I received a message saying it was smaller than the original file.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, can you please send me some sample maps you've tried to import? Also please look at this forum (http://www.quadsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87) for details on how to use the import scaling.

About the message saying it was smaller than the original file, please be careful what values you choose for the raw image as it seems that your width/height choices didn't fit with the actual image size.

Better, just send me a file so I can test it and let you know what values to use (if it is a raw tell me the width and height).
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A patch was added today (01.08.03) including the fix for the BT importer. It seems that the old importer didn't correctly load negative height values. To be noted that no modifications were made to the RAW importer since the RAW files are commonly considered containing unsigned (above zero) heights. The BT importer should work fine for you.
makit3d
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't thank you enough as this has saved me a lot of time.

The customer support has been great, everyone. It has been a pleasure.

Jump to: