www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Export of 16bit Heightmap « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
FranticAU
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Export of 16bit Heightmap Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I used to be able to export a 16bit height map file from the "text exporter" and now it looks like it is not working for me. Also, in Grome2 when I set high map check box to 16bit in the “text exporter” the "general large data export" would default to 16bit. This was a great feature.
We find we need the 16bit resolution when creating height map for our engine can you help?

Thanks
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Text exporter should still be able to export the 16 bit heightmap. I will check to see if there is a problem with it.

Quote:
in Grome2 when I set high map check box to 16bit in the “text exporter” the "general large data export" would default to 16bit.

Every exporter has its own settings which are saved separately after you used them. So in both Grome 2.0 and Grome 3.0 the settings from the two exporters are separated.

Also the General Large Data Export will always save your heightmap to 16 bit in case you check "Heightmap (terrain geometry)".

Regards,
Adrian L.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just tested the text exporter and it works fine. I've tested by checking "Export heightmaps as 16bit raw/png images" and then checked both raw and png format. I've also checked export of separated images or one continuous image. All worked fine.

Can you please indicate the exact options you were using? If helps, please post some screenshots.

Regards,
Adrian L.
FranticAU
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct this is not a bug with your software but with IrfanView v4.28 as file displays bottom left corner as 8bit. Work fine and at 16bit in Photoshop and windows file attributes state 16bit. Thanks again.

Jump to: