www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Export - Entire texture diffuse « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
FranticAU
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Export - Entire texture diffuse Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry, how can I export the entire diffuse map for the textures rather than the segments?

Also, can we export a entire terrain normal map?

Last thing are you considering Specular maps in the next version?
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
how can I export the entire diffuse map for the textures rather than the segments?

You want one texture for all the layers (collapsed them into a single texture)? If this is the case you can use the texture Bake tool and create one layer to contain all the other layers' images into one single texture (you loose some of the resolution though).

Then you can use the Global Large Data Sets exporter to save it for the entire zones as a single continuous texture. This exporter is very versatile. It can save very large images (it uses streaming line by line). He can also export individual layers masks as continuous images. It can pack them, normalize them etc. Please refer to its documentation for details or don't hesitate to ask any questions about it if you have any problems.

Quote:
can we export a entire terrain normal map?

One continuous heightmap can also be saved with the Global Large Data Sets exporter. You can choose 16 bit raw or 16 bit png format.

Quote:
are you considering Specular maps in the next version?

I think that a global specular map is already present in Grome 2.0. If not this is certainly present in 3.0. Look for "Masked Specular (2x)" as shading layer.

If you are referring to tiled specular maps (a masked layer with specular on top of bump) this is added by the next version (3.0).

Regards,
Adrian L.
FranticAU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If this is the case you can use the texture Bake tool and create one layer to contain all the other layers' images into one single texture (you loose some of the resolution though).

Can you explain how I would do this?
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry, I just figure out that ColorBake tool is available only with the Grome 3.0 version. I will make sure you have a copy of it once it is available.

But, another way to export this without having to make the baked color layer in Grome is to just check "Texture baked texture" in the Large Data Sets exporter. The exporter will do the baking for you. You can uncheck "Create texture per zone" if you want one big texture to be created for the entire scene.

This method may be more suitable than Color Bake tool anyway, since it can allow for very large images while the first method will restrict you at the maximum resolution of images per terrain zones your system allow in order for Grome to render it in the viewport.

Regards,
Adrian L.
FranticAU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Adrian, this does the job for the diffuse. Cheers!!

Does the next version have Normal map export not just height map?
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
Does the next version have Normal map export not just height map?

Yes, it has.

Regards,
Adrian

Jump to: