www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Refresh texture masks after using brush « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
FranticAU
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Refresh texture masks after using brush Reply with quote

Hi,

How do I update the texture masks, like a refresh after I brush in new mountains.

Eg, I have a created grass area then brush into a mountiain how do I refresh all the texture mask layers?

-Looks like I can do this is I rebuild one of the texture masks, any tips would be useful as I am looking to update all texture masks in one go after editing
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

If you generated the masks based on the terrain heightmap (with the MaskGen) it is good idea to save the tool presets you've used (give it a name at the top of the tool roll-up UI and then press the + button). In this way you can reapply the settings to the layers without having to memorize or write them down. To be noted that for the MaskGen you can apply multiple distribution masks at once. So you can add all the distribution masks for all the layers in a single tool configuration and save it as one preset. The bad part is that the preset doesn't memorize what distribution masks go to what layers so you have to remake the assignments. This is because you can assign the same preset to any map.

Also, it is good idea to first finish the heightmap editing before going to texturing (or at least to texture it only partially, in a rough form, before finishing heightmap).

There is no automatic update to texturing after you edit the heightmap (this is quite impossible considering you can use both procedural methods and manual brushes). So you will have to compute your editing steps carefully and also to save as much information in tools presets as possible.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: