www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Video for a tropical island like the one in the tutorial « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
FranticAU
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Video for a tropical island like the one in the tutorial Reply with quote

If possible I would really appreciate a how to make video for a tropical island like the one in the tutorial.

We can’t seem to make one very easily, we can create other terrain without too many issues.
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Are you referring to that tutorial terrain (how to make a terrain to look that the one from that tutorial)? If this is the case, I think that for that particular terrain the artist used a lot of flowmap erosion on top of a fractal mountain. Then he populated the terrain with a detail layer (Grass blades) with billboards for trees. He also created a lightmap layer which also projected on the trees. I will ask the creator of that map to post more specific details if necessary.

If you are not referring to this, please let me know the exact details of that scene you want to achieve.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
FranticAU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be keen to see a tropical island tutorial with big inland cliffs for a waterfall lagoon etc for the next version when it's out, everyone does mountain tutorials these days Smile

Happy to chip in and pay the artist with the community for a high end AAA map tutorial from a-z
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first tutorials (for the next version) will pretty much deal with the tools and technical details (step by step instruction how to use a feature). But after the first release, the next tutorials will focus more on the artistic side and present some specific setting (arid, snowy, tropical etc).

In the mean time please don't hesitate to ask any specific questions about how realize certain setting. I will have our lead artist respond to these.

Regards,
Adrian L.
FranticAU
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the fast response and your help, cheers..

Jump to: