www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Grome & UDK « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Gilgalad
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Grome & UDK Reply with quote

Hello,

I am considering to buy GROME however I'd like to use it. I read several posts about exporting from GROME to the UDK but it seemt unclear.

Is it possible ? If yes, can you export *everything* from GROME to the UDK, not only the heightmap but also textures, colors etc ?

Thank you.
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, you can export multiple zones of terrain and layers of colors. You need to make the layer combine shaders in UnrealEd your self but once you make those you can reuse them for later scenes. Grome offers multiple ways to combine layers of textures (add, add through mask, multiply, multiply 2x, multiply though a mask etc). While the tutorial deals only with the most common ones (and you will probably end up using only these anyway) I am pretty sure most of the layers can be emulated in Unreal with proper shading operations. Grome SDK explains the operations of each layers so you can create the proper shading operations in UDK.

I am not sure about objects in Unreal. Grome exporters can save objects positions in simple to parse text files or XML so if you write a simple importer to UDK I think you should be able to have objects in Unreal too.

Current status of the exporter is pretty much functional. Some options are missing but they are not important. We consider this beta since we didn't provide tutorials on the site, but the tutorial made by the users (Jo tutorial for example) is pretty much all you need to know.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
Gilgalad
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thank you for your answer. Would it be possible to have a very limited version just to have the opportunity to test the exporter ?
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please send me an email to licu at quadsoftware.com. I will provide you with further information how to test the exporter.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: