www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Method of acquiring calculated UV map « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
takuhiro
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Method of acquiring calculated UV map Reply with quote

Hi.

I added the color layer, and put the texture. And, it was rotated(Spin, H, V) in the property. I want to export this result.
However, the GetTextureUVMap function seems to return UV map in which the setting is not reflected.
Isn't there method of acquiring UV map that has been calculated(Spin, H, V)?
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

GetTextureUVMap should return the final values. If not this is a bug.

You have all the details how to obtain both the settings of the UV (spin, rot etc) and also the final values in the plugins source code. ExpTxt for example, to be found in SDK/Grome/Plugins/ExpTxt. Look for cTxtExport::_Export_TerrainProject function and you will see how color_texmap_offset, color_texmap_scale etc are exported from texture channel mapping structures.

Also, all the structures and functions are documented in the interfaces. Look for sTextureMapping structure in Public/TerrainEd/Interfaces/iTerrainMaterialLayer.h. The structure members are documented for proper Doxygen formatting.

If you need to work with individual values for UV parameters (and not the final UV values) you need to understand how to apply them in order to obtain the correct final values (to construct the texture matrix).
Let me know if you need to know the operations performed by GetTextureUVMap and I can post you a sample source code for it.

Also, if you tested it and the final GetTextureUVMap doesn't correctly reflect your Grome settings please send me more details (what settings did you used, how you've exported and what rendering code are using to render terrain). I can setup a FTP account for you so you can post your sample terrain data and application for us to test.

Regards,
Adrian
takuhiro
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result was the same also by ExpTxt.
I prepared simple data with the problem.
Please send FTP address.
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please send me an email to licu at quadsoftware.com (or just let me know if I can use the email of your site user). I will reply to this email with the private FTP login info.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: