www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

WalkCam too fast « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Soth3d
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: WalkCam too fast Reply with quote

Hi,
It is my 3rd hour with Grome II and I have problem with walk camera. I can walk across 8km map in 5 seconds... there is no way to test anything, I cannot walk around my fine terrain feature because I have seven mile boots on me! Rolling Eyes
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The camera speed is slowed down or speed up with CONTROL pressed and mouse wheel (the actual speed is shown in the viewport left-top corner: SPEED: current speed / MAX: walking speed, run speed). Run speed is achieved while the SHIFT is pressed.
Once you save the scene the speed is saved with the scene.

The default controls can be found in help at Editor Framework -> User Preferences -> Default Input Controls. Help file is located in Builder/Docs/Grome.chm (or it can be called from editor from Help -> Contents or from the startup icons).

The walking height can also be controlled from the left panel, second subtab (Scene), right click on Camera Settings and select Modify Global Camera Settings (you can find this in help in Editor Framework -> Scenes and Projects -> Scene Environment Settings).
As shortcuts, you can enter in camera walk mode with ALT + O and exit by panning (middle click and move mouse).

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: