www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

ObjectSpawn/Brush « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
makit3d
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: ObjectSpawn/Brush Reply with quote

I've been trying to use my own tree objects to populate a small scene I have created. I seem unable to create an LOD object or use the 3ds/obj files of these trees since they don't seem to be recognized by the Package Browser.

I am still digging through the documentation and assume it is in there and I haven't found it yet.. The thought did occur to me that it's not an option in the demo?
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The demo doesn’t support reading from external formats (like 3ds, obj). The SDK defined plug-ins are used to read custom objects formats. With the SDK you will be able to read from any format you want as you can write your own plug-in. Out-of-the-box Grome will come with plug-ins for various formats. 3ds and obj will not be read at first, but in short time (couple of weeks) after release we will provide plug-ins for them. We also expect many plug-ins to be created by the community since they are so easy to be done and the SDK will come with easily modifiable examples with full source code. COLLADA format would be supported at release time, and all major modeling applications support saving to this format (Max, Maya, XSI, Blender etc).

Last edited by ALicu on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
makit3d
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will plug-ins that are going to be available after release be an additional cost to the editor?
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, all export/import plug-ins (and all plug-ins in general) are free of charge and will come with full source code as we encourage Grome extensibility by the community.

Jump to: