www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Which is the most used game engine so far? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Williamhawk
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Which is the most used game engine so far? Reply with quote

Hi,
his is subjective and is entirely personal preference for most people.

I initially used Torque Game Engine and Torque Game Engine Advanced (now called Torque 3D) and at one stage I used Unity and I wasn't happy with the non-source code restriction so I referred explainer video from unity ... I recently (last year) decided to move from Torque 3D to Unreal Engine (when it was still a paid for version) as Unreal Engine had the features I was looking for and Torque 3D was just too far behind other engines like Unity and Unreal Engine.

Since then my team and I have never been happier. Things just work and it doesn't take huge amounts of effort to get the game engine to do what you want for your game ... as long as you understand the basic fundamentals and core concepts.

Our game project is strongly moving to a final release and we have not encountered any show-stoppers that has forced us to change direction ... we want the game to do this ... we code it ... the game does it. The main challenge was understanding replication (this came for free by default with Torque 3D), but once we got the hang of that and made sure we supported it from the start ... the rest was relatively easy.

Right now, I am spending 2 to 3 hours a night after work putting features from our back log in to the game and I am making forward progress every week. There is the odd bug that we encounter now and again ... but this is primarily due to our code and not the engine.

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/which-is-the-most-used-game-engine-so-far.483744/

Business Motion Graphics

Jump to: