www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Exporitng to Blender « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tvvladimir
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Exporitng to Blender Reply with quote

Hi,

I was looking at your product all day today, and really loving it. Damn you done great job. Main thing I'm concerned with is:

1. As I understand I can save files as collada exhcange file. Now then I use Blender Collada importer to get the whole scene inside Blender. And that scene will have all zones + textures (not layer textures) + objects inside Blender exactly in same way as I see it in Grome?

2. Is it possible that i can just drop a charechter inside Grome and walk around? That would be a very good feature, because then i don't have to spend time in Blender correcting mistakes. Maybe soem kidn of plugin?

Thanks so much for your reply!
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vladimir and welcome to our community.

1. Yes, collada format should contain the entire scene without the texture layers. Multiple layers of texture is a rendering process that really depends on the program your are using (what kind of rendering API you are using, what hardware target you have, etc). So it is hard to be contained in the COLLADA.

We had COLLADA exported scenes that are correctly visible in 3DS Max, XSI, Maya. I never had a chance to test in Blender but I suppose it should work ok as long as Blender importer works correctly.

2. You can have your camera stick to the ground. For this you need to click the right most viewport button in the right - top corner (there are two little black signs on each viewport, you need to click the right one) and select WalkCam from View modes.

Or faster just press O while in a viewport (you can see all the viewport keys from Options -> Customize Keyboard and selecting Application and Viewport from categories).

To exit the walking mode, just select FreeCam from the same menu or move the mouse using the middle mouse button pressed.

To set the walking height you go to the left panel, at the Workspace tab and Scene subtab (second one) and right click on Camera Settings. Select Modify Global Camera Settings and choose the height from Walking height.

You cannot use a third person view. To have a character mesh in the scene (to view the exact proportions you are using) you can import a static mesh representing your character in a static pose and place it on various locations on the map (where you want to test the scaling).

Regards,
Adrian L.
tvvladimir
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: update cost Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer; totally all i wanted to know; just moving camera is all i need really, but idea with putting a mesh is also not bad.

I'm giving serious thought about buying this but I just wander; if I buy it now lets say for 300 euro and in a lets say a month you make a new major version update 2.2 which lets say has a feature that i really need; how much will it cost me to update? is there a fixed price? a percentage of initial cost? or any estimation?

Also is it possible to update from standard to professional for only the price difference (200euro)? or i'd have to pay more or it is not possible at all?

Thanks for your answer.
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrades to minor versions (1.xx) are free. There is still some time until version 2.0 will be out. Price upgrade to version 2.0 is still yet undecided (we didn't even decided how many editions we will have) but there will be a special upgrade price. To upgrade from standard to professional you only need to pay the price difference.

Jump to: