www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

GPF when exporting Large Data Format Terrain into PNG file. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Sparticus
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: GPF when exporting Large Data Format Terrain into PNG file. Reply with quote

When I export more than two zones using the Large Data Format plug-in into a PNG file Grome crashes.

If I export a single zone's terrain to a PNG file, the file generated is always 100 x 100 pixcels, regardless of what is displayed on the LDF plug-in export form. However, if I export to a .raw file, the correct number of pixcels are output.

I am running version 1.20.22
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm assuming you are referring to heightmap export. I've just tested the plugin and it is working fine (in build 1.20.22). I've created two zones of 256 tiles and 10 units per tile and selected a resolution of 10 when exporting the png. The produced png was 512x256 (the correct size).

Can you give me more details? How big are your zones? How many? What resolution and what tile size? What resolution did you choose at export?

Did you installed grome on an old build or on fresh install?

Thank you,
Adrian L.
Sparticus
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I saw with the heightmap output size is occurs when the three resolution edit boxes have different values and the terrain checkboxes are not selected (implying that their resolution values will not effect the export). Now that I know the cause, I can work around this issue.

The Grome terrain zones being exported are each 1000 x 1000 pixcels. The GPFs occur when 3 more more zones are output. I have tried various resolutions including 0.976, 1, 1.95, 2, 5, and 10. Swapping is enabled for the export and my machine has 3GB of memory. I did NOT do a fresh install of the 1.20.22 release.
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

So, just to be sure I got all the details right, you have multiple zones, each zone heightmap is exported as a 1000 by 1000 pixels PNG image. The exporter crashes when you export more than 3 zones. Is this correct?

What is the size of your terrain tile and how many tiles do you have per zone?

Can you send me a screenshot of the exporter UI with the options you've used to crash it? Also can you send me the crash report? Thank you.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: