www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

A zone which doesn't want to be unswapped « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Guigui
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: A zone which doesn't want to be unswapped Reply with quote

hello,

I have a bug with my scene.
Two of my zones, are swapped, and when I unswapped them, they rest swapped, and in the log, the memory buffer do not change.
I want to delete it, but I cannot delete a swapped zone. I looked in the folder “Terrain” of my workspace, and it misses two .tdata
How can I delete or recover this 2 zones ?

This is the text when I unswapped one of the other zones :
V | Menu: Edit -> Unswap Selected
D | Making texture layer_img14 [2D Color]...
G|D | Loading image D:\Grome_Scene/AI_06/Terrain\layer_img14.tga ... [OK]
G|D | Loading image c:\program files\grome professional/TerrainEd/Textures/Gui\terrain_gradient.bmp ...
V | [TerrainEditor] Select Zone (name = Area-1-0)
D | Commit geometry buffers (ARB vertex buffer objects) [SIZE: 3182528 b]

And this is the text, when I unswapped one of this two zones.
V | Menu: Edit -> Unswap Selected
D | Commit geometry buffers (ARB vertex buffer objects) [SIZE: 3182528 b]

Thanks for help
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's pretty strange. I want to figure out how the program ended up in this situation. Do you remember what the zones contained (how many layers, what types of layers)? Also do you remember the last operations you've made on them before swapping them out for the last time? Was the project newly created by that time (create some zones, edit them, swap them and then save)? Or maybe you've used Save As? Did the program crashed on you during this map creation or during saving?

A quick solution for you is to select the zones and mark them as hidden for the time being. In the next update I will put an option if a zone cannot be unswapped is considered missing and a message box is shown asking the user if the zone reference should be removed from the project. I cannot think I can recover your zones since you said that .tdata files are missing (these contain the main zones data). For some reason the tdata were not saved.

Important thing is to backup your zones from time to time (and use multiple versions saved with Save As) even though we didn't have problems with grome saving scenes and loosing critical data.

The important thing is to find out why this happened. Any additional information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Adrian L.
Guigui
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The zones contain a unique heightmap layer, and a unique texture layer. The last thing that I made on them is apply the texture layer.
No this is not a new project. I had some textured zones (24), and I create lots of news zone (72) that I swapped progressively.
I unswapped them by pack for apply the texture layer, and re-swapped. And now, I want to paint there heightmap, and 2 of this zone doesn't want to be unswapped.
No, I'm not use a "saved as" command since there creation. And there wasn't a crash during creation or saving.
Yes, a command for delete swapped zone can be usefull.
I send you a part of my scene, if you want to look.

Best regard's
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've sent you (by email) two new tdata files to be copied instead of the old ones. Now you can unswap the zones and delete them. Then recreate two new zones in their place. Let me know if this bug happened again.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: