www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Wondering about GetTextureUVMap ... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Guigui
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Wondering about GetTextureUVMap ... Reply with quote

Hi,

We've been using Grome with a lot of success and satisfaction for now. Great work.

The SDK is perfect for our needs but we're facing a problem. Our goal is to merge all zone terrain layers into one for our engine need.
So far, the use of texture coordinates from each vertex in the heightmap has produced good and quick results...except the image produced seems to be missing the last row and column of the final result on screen. After some investigations, i found that the

Code:
GetTextureUVMap(iTerrainZone *zone, const uint channel_id, t_float2 *o_texmap)

function from the iTerrainMaterialLayer interface in the SDK doesn't return any texcoord with the value 1.0f when the texture has the simplest mapping possible (without tiling, rotation or offset), thus giving the incomplete image result. Is it intented? Am i missing something? Maybe some transformations are still needed after getting the UV map ?

Thanks for your help!

Ps: Using grome 1.20.14
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Just checked the source and I think you are right. There is an error in the SDK (I cannot believe we didn’t found this up until now) that cause the mapping to be biased. I fixed this and will be ready in the next release (I hope I can put a new patch in couple of days). I will let you know when the update is ready. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We've just updated a new version of Grome on the site (1.20.19). Please login from the main page (www.quadsoftware.com) with your user name, select Available Services and download this last version. It should contain a fix for this issue. Let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
Guigui
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reaction. I just installed the new version, but unfortunatly, after recompiling the plugin, it still doesn't work. I don't have much time to spend on it right now, but from what i saw when dumping the UVMap for a 16x16 tiles map :

0 : U: 0 V: 0
1 : U: 0.0625 V: 0
15 : U: 0.9375 V: 0
Still missing U: 1.0 V : 0
16 : U: 0 V: 0.0625
and so on till
255 : U: 0.9375 V: 0.9375
Correct stride along V ?
256 : U: 0 V: 1
Wasn't expecting this one to be actually here Shocked
272 : U: 1 V: 1
273 to 288 : -4.31602e+008 (not set, 16 entries, corresponding to the missing U's)

Hope this help. Please confirm if you have this issue as well, or if i'm doing something wrong.

Best regards,
Guillaume
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry about this. I will check with the programmer that did the fix (and I will test it myself too) and get back to you soon. Thank you for your understanding. If the error is still there most probably we will put a new patch tomorrow.
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I can confirm that the bug was finally fixed. Tomorrow, I will have a new patch updated on the site. I will let you know when is ready to download. Thank you for your patience.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the last patch from today (1.20.20) finally fixed the issue. Thanks for all the reports.
Guigui
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

It now works like a charm, thank you !

Best regards,

Guillaume R.

Jump to: