www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Import New Textures « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Sparticus
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Import New Textures Reply with quote

How do I import new textures ? I tried dropping some jpegs into the appropriate folder and that didn't seem to work. So I then converted them to .dds, and that didn't seem to work either, grome wouldn't see the files. I then searched for a way to "import" them but didn't see anything apparent.

Thanks for the help Smile
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, depends on the way you want to use the textures.

If you need to use them as images on terrain, you just need to indicate them when assigning the layers to selected zones. See Procedural Textures tutorial from here:

http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=editor&target=editor_tutorials2

In this case, the textures can be anywhere on disk, placing them in Libraries folder is just a convenient way to quickly find them. In case you browse for textures and they don't appear there, just right click the folder (in Package Browser) and select Reparse to reread the content of that directory.

If you want to quick import heightmaps (with QImport tool) you need use power of two greyscale BMP images. To import more complex heightmaps you can use RAW importer (to import 16 bit grey scale RAW images).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: