www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Old Workspaces Won't Load « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jcsmith
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Old Workspaces Won't Load Reply with quote

I installed the latest patch just now, and went to go load up one of my old workspaces to test the new Torque exporter. When I went to load my workspace though instead of opening it up, when I clicked on the workspace name it instead just took me to the workspace directory and I was unable to actually load it in. I have 16 different workspaces here and the same problem exists with each of them.

If I create a new project and then save it then I can load that one. The old ones will not load though, so it seems to me as though maybe the workspace format has possibly changed in the latest patch? If so how can we convert our old files?
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The old workspaces should work. So, just to be sure, you double click on the workspace file name and instead of loading the file, it opens the folder?

Can you send me one of the old workspace (archive it and send it to me at licu at quadsoftware.com)?

Thank you,
Adrian L.
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to post a quick solution for this for anyone with Vista which have the same problem. This is caused by the file open dialog when "Hide extension for known file type" is selected (from Explorer, Organize, Share and Folder options, View tab). To avoid this problem for now just uncheck the above option in Window Explorer. We will fix this in the next patch.

Many thanks to JCSmith for posting this bug.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: