www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Terrain/Object problems « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
wolfsandle
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Terrain/Object problems Reply with quote

I am having this problem with both the demo and Professional version. When I initially load one of the demo maps, everything is fine. When I try to add an item, or edit terrain, the terain splits apart, triangulates, and the object triangulates as whell. I have an Invidia Quadro FX3400 video card on this machine.

I would appreciate any help in this matter as I am trying to complete something on a deadline.

[/img]

Thanks,
Charlie
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

This seems like a video card driver problem. Can you please send me console.log file from <Grome directory>\Builder\Bin\Logs (after you have this problem in a Grome session)?

One solution you could try (before we find the problem) is to run Grome in maximum compatibility mode (it is using a slower variant of geometry processing, so it may run slower, but it may work without problems for your hardware). For this run Grome from startup menu and select Maximum Compatibility from Start Commands (inside Grome icons folder). Or just run Grome from the command line like this: Grome.exe --max_compatibility

Also please make sure you have the latest video cards installed.
I too have my current working machine a 64bit Vista OS on a Quadro card and it is working flawlessly. It must be something wrong with your drivers since the FPS is quite low for that scene and that video card.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: