www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Multi-Zone Map Help « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dragonicn316
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Multi-Zone Map Help Reply with quote

Hello! I am currently having a few minor issues with Grome, the first of which is that I have currently a 9 x 9 zones map, each zone is 512 x 512 polygons. I have a problem with the seams between some of the zones; at certain points the seams are completely torn and are not connected, sometimes when trying to smooth the general area between two zones the seam is not fixed, it stays there.
[/b]
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, what this means is that the zones are not considered neighbors. This can be caused by misalignments when placed zones one to each other or when having different resolutions that don't match (example: 513:512, 128: 231 etc, the resolution should be multiple of each other, example: 512: 256, 1024:128 etc).

Can you please post a screenshot (wireframe for example) of a border with issues and also specify the resolutions (tiles number) for the neighbor zones? Also, how did you create the zones (all at once, one at a time)? Also when creating zones in multiple steps, did you used snap feature?

Regards,
Adrian L.
dragonicn316
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am once again having tearing issues. I use the the snap tool at all times, when I am creating the initial flat map, and each zone has the same size and ratio of polygons, 512. I am still getting these tears, is there a way to fix these ? when i try to smooth it it just creates a very very sharp steep looking angle.
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, can you send me the map you've posted the screenshot from? Archive it and send it to licu-at-quadsoftware.com. From the screenshot I can see that you have multiple layers of heightmaps and some are disabled (maybe the border difference is caused by the disabled layer?). A sample data (don't need to contain any textures) would be much appreciated and will make us identify the problem faster.

Thank You,
Adrian L.

Jump to: