www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Tabbed View Switch: The Noobiest Question in History « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
plasticacorn
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Tabbed View Switch: The Noobiest Question in History Reply with quote

Erm...

I have the script editor open and I can see that in the demo Grome is responding to me using the button for switching out of the full screen view to the re-sizable tabbed panes view.

Nothing seems to be happening.

What am I doing wrong? (it has to be me) I'm using a 64bit version of Windows.
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the boards.

Can you be more specific about your problem? ALT + W is the default shortcut to go from tabbed to one viewport mode (you can also do the same thing by double clicking on the viewports splitters). I don't understand what button are you pressing and what needs to be happen. Also what flavor of Windows are you using (Vista, XP)? Please post more information (maybe screenshots if necessary).

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
plasticacorn
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: I got it :). Reply with quote

Hello Again and Thanks for the Kind Welcome Smile

And I think I may have answered my question...I was able to figure out through the preferences dialog how to start a new project with a multiple viewport layout, (YAY!)

Thank you so much for your help.

(Quickly: Can you change viewport layouts mid project if you find out you really need say a right view or something?)

-PA

Also thank you for the Torque ATLAS Exporter. It couldn't have come at a better time.

[/i][/quote]
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can change viewport layout any time.

Basically what you change from the preferences dialog is the layout you use as default when you create a new project (scene) (in case you press OK).

If you want to apply the current viewport settings to the current scene press "Apply to all" in the preference dialog. This tells the application that you want to use the viewport settings not as the default settings for new scenes, but for the current viewports.

You can also use "apply to active only" or to "all but active" if you want to change the individual settings (like what to be shown as textual info in the HUD, what to be rendered: grid, sky etc, sky and fog properties) for a viewport. For example you select one viewport, change settings and press apply to active to set them to the viewport.
plasticacorn
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Can't wait to purchase the Professional version of your fine product.

-pa

Jump to: