www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

export to Virtools DEV « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
maidamedia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: export to Virtools DEV Reply with quote

I would like to know if there is a way to export from Grome to Virtools DEv. Thanks
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not really familiar with Virtools engine. I've looked over their site and didn't find any information about their terrain rendering. We are also not aware of any of our clients that use Grome with Virtools.

What I can tell you is that Grome can export out-of-the-box to COLLADA and RAW/PNG files so if Virtools supports importing this kind of data you should be able to integrate. You can also go with an additional step by using another program (like 3DS max) which knowns to read COLLADA and write to Virtools format.

But my opinion is to write a direct plugin from Grome to Virtools. Grome comes with a SDK with examples and full documentation. This SDK allows you to write all the Grome scene data into any format.

If you can provide any information (which are not under NDA) about Virtools terrain support we will be more than happy to help you integrate Grome into your pipeline. We are willing to spend a lot of effort to have Grome integrated with as many engines as possible.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
maidamedia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I am not in the conditions to use your sdk. Probably I can pass through MAX that has the Virtools exporter. For Collada I am not sure.
Bye

Jump to: