www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

creating zones in the demo version « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
deepcgi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: creating zones in the demo version Reply with quote

I have recently purchased the pro version for use at home but have downloaded the demo version for testing at work (a large independent game company).

It may be that I am totally new to Grome, but the Zone "Create" button is not operating as I would expect. I would think that if I typed in the name "Sam1" in the name field and pressed "Create" - Zone Sam1 would be created with the parameters listed below it. Then if I disabled the "Zone" button, I would see Sam1 in the viewport. However, if I disable the "Zone" button then Sam1 disappears. Is this because I have no Heightmap Layer or something?

Also, if I click the "Zone" button repeatedly without pressing "Create" the index number in the "Name" field keeps incrementing, even though none of those zones has been created.
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, all the zones have by default one layer of heightmap. So the created zones should be visible. And yes, pressing Create should create the zones with the tool parameters (name incrementation should not happen if you don't press create, i have to check on that).

Do you say that you see the zone name visible in the viewport but no geometry? Is the zone name visible only after you disable the Zone creation tool (after you press the zone button)?

My opinion is that the zone geometry cannot be created (poor OpenGL support in the video card drivers?). To check this I need you to send us (at support @ quadsoftware.com) the files in the Bin/Logs folder after you execute the program and the bug is happening.

Regards,
Adrian Licu
Quad Software
deepcgi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after I sent this email, I went home and began experimenting with the Pro version. The Pro version works perfectly. On the demo version, the zone simply is not getting created. I don't see the mesh or the name.

I have just updated the ATI Catalyst drivers for this X800 card and the problem has been fixed.

Good detective work! Thanks

Jump to: