www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Two easy questions « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
cmusch
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Two easy questions Reply with quote

Hello!

How is it possible to change the size/scaling of a terrain zone after it has been created?
Also, how can I add terrain / object editor projects?

thx for your answers
chris
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, unfortunately for now you cannot change the size of a terrain inside the UI (as a normal editor user). In the SDK you can make a plugin that takes the old zone and clone it with another dimensions (creates a new one, copy height information, change tile size, assign layers etc).

Also, for now multiple projects of terrain in the same workspace are not possible. This was a feature that was initially planned but because of complications we didn't implemented it. So for now you can only have one project of terrain and one of object editing. With time new modules will be added (example: water editing) so new types of projects will be available. This projects structuring was designed more in this way rather than multiple projects of the same type. But we may also add the multiple projects of the same type support if this is something really important and worth developing for editing.

Regards,
Adrian L.
cmusch
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. But currently it is possible to create just a terrain editor project without objects, or vice versa. Does this mean if I start with the wrong project type, I have no easy way of adding the other project type afterwards? If this is the case, wouldn't it be better to remove the just terrain / just object project types and always create both?

regards
chris
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for now you are probably right. But again in the future you may find there multiple projects. So for example you may have a character editing project and you may not need a terrain editing one, to occupy memory for nothing.

In theory we can remove the new project wizard settings all together (and let just a dialog to choose the project name). But for now the settings are left as they are because we need it for other clients we do customization work for, so they will find there custom projects to choose from and some of their custom projects have additional project wizard steps to complete.

I don't think this is much of a problem for the current users. They can have their data imported into a new project or at least, if they really need help, we can teach them how to manually add new projects into an existing scene (it can be done my editing the workspace xml file).

Regards,
Adrian L.
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version today (01.10.02) also introduces a new menu command: New Project that can be used to add new projects to existing scenes.

Jump to: