www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Tutorial video application choice « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Robc_
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Tutorial video application choice Reply with quote

I know this is a lot to ask but I have been struggling with the tutorials for several days now and unnecessarily using your bandwidth and mine. Is it possible to get the video tutorials in a format other than Quicktime?

I am using Vista64 and as I understand it from the Apple forums Quicktime is not compatible or supported on this OS, and all of your tutorials are in Quicktime format. For the videos on your regular tutorial page I can watch them but have no video controls so I can't pause or back up or change the pace of the video. If I miss something I have to start them over from the beginning and hope that I can catch it on the next go around, I also have no sound... not sure if they were recorded with sound but I don't hear any sound.

For the videos that you have to support Torque atlas file cration for some reason I can't see them at all. They fail to stream to me when I click the links, on the couple of occasions when I have been able to download them in whole as mp4 files... Quicktime fails and reports an error to me presumably because I am not invoking the files from a browser? I'm not sure but they are out of my reach completely.

Anyway, I really need to see these tutorials and I'm having a rough time of it... thanks in advance for any help, advice, or relief you can provide.

Robc
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, please refer to this topic to get the direct links to the video files:

http://www.quadsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237

Mov files can also be played with media player classic (search for quick time alternative). The tutorials don't have sound but future movie files we will add will have.

Also if you have problems with the Torque mp4 files refer to this topic:

http://www.quadsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=213

Also if you have specific questions about editing please don't hesitate to post questions here.

Regards,
Adrian L.
Robc_
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice fast response and I am using VLC now and all is working fine. I guess I wasted my time searching the quicktime forums that could better have spent searching these forums, sorry about that. Thanks again!

Jump to: