www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Torque Exporter 1.2 upgrade « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Torque Exporter 1.2 upgrade Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce you that we've made another update to the Torque exporter:

http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=editor&target=editor_torque

The main new feature is represented by the mission file export including object instances. Now you can export the object placements directly from Grome to Torque mission files. There is no DTS importer yet, but you can easily use replacement COLLADA files (you can transform DTS objects to COLLADA with almost any major modeling application, just make sure you use the same names).

Also, one another new addition is that we now offer full source code of the exporter for anyone to modify and extend.

Other thing worth noticing is that you will need the latest Grome version for this to work (version 1.20.09 or newer).

Exporter help was also updated with the new features. For any support or other related questions don't hesitate to post on these dedicated forums.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
optime
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Torque Exporter 1.2 upgrade Reply with quote

ALicu wrote:

Also, one another new addition is that we now offer full source code of the exporter for anyone to modify and extend.

Great! Thank you. I was planning to write an exporter that produces one large color map (atlas unique texturing) anyways. Looks like I can use this as a base.
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, let me know if I can help you with it. Don't hesitate to ask any aspect of the plugin source code.

You can find about the shading operations in the SDK documentation (in GromeSDK.chm, in Advance Topics -> Terrain Texture Layers Shading). You basically need to create one big texture which bakes all the layers by applying the shading operations at export time (in CPU). A better approach would be to use the hardware GPU for this (basically render portions in offline surfaces, get data and put it in subregions of the final exported image). We will try to use this kind of approach to make a baking exporting (very good for engines with one high res texture) but I cannot promise you a certain date. In the mean time I can help you with your exporter. So don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: