www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Imported Zone Names and Selection « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
AD_Dennis
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Imported Zone Names and Selection Reply with quote

I have a project that was started using L3DT which I intend to import into Grome Pro. I've managed to get it imported and can select the various zones. However you can't select the zones using the mouse. The only way to select the zones is using the "Edit->Select..." dialog. The problem with this is that all of the zone names are "Raw Zone (swapped)" Since there are lots of zones it's very difficult and time consuming to select the correct zones to unswap them. I had expected that the imported zones would show up in the left side pane where they could be selected and, if needed, renamed.

Is there any way to improve the way the imported zones are selected? Even if they were sequentially numbered that would help. Even better to get them in the left side pane.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is pretty strange that you can't select the zones with mouse. It should work (CONTROL + left mouse click on the zone to select or keep control key pressed while dragging the mouse). Can you send me a sample map that it has this problem (at licu at quadsoftware.com)?

In the left panel (Workspace Panel) only selected zones appear. For a very big project (especially with objects) this would expand in a very big list if it were to show all the scene entities (selected or not). But I think it is a good idea to add a scene graph there in the future.

About the zones names. Yes, you are right, other people also asked to have zones imported with different names (a sequentially numbered names list will be good). We will have this added to the raw importer in the next patch.

It seems that you need to have the zones swapped out as they are imported (you need to use this option in the importer). How big is your scene (heightmap resolution)? How many zones do you create for it?

Regards,
Adrian L.
AD_Dennis
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALicu, thank for the quick reply. Ctrl-left mouse does work. I hadn't seen that yet. I did import as a swapped heightmap using 32 x 32 zones. The total size of the heightmap is 15k x 15k pixels.

Jump to: