www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Howcome theres only 1 tree? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
duke2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Howcome theres only 1 tree? Reply with quote

As the subject says, howcome theres only 1 tree object? I thought I saw several in the videos. Second, howcome when I place the tree its huge! Very Happy I made my terrains at 4 units per pixel/tile (assuming 1 unit is a metre).
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, we will add a new objects package in the days to come. The commercial version doesn't come with much artwork since clients usually tend to use their own. In demo we've put some data so people can play with it (the plugins were deactivated in demo so users couldn't load their own formats). For commercial editions we add separate art packages for clients (like the 200 terrain textures pack). Who needs them he can download them, we don't bloat the main patch with artwork. We have a buildings and a vegetation pack to come in the next few days in well known format (COLLADA).

That tree is there because it is used by a sample plugin (the utility plugin that demonstrate how to spawn objects). I think that its measures are in centimeters. You can however use scaling when spawning it to fit to your own units. Then at export you can choose to apply the scaling transformation in the vertices if your engine/application doesn't support instance scaling.

Grome comes with COLLADA format out-of-the-box so you can save objects from many well known modelers (3DS Max, Maya, Blender, XSI etc) to COLLADA and use them in Grome. Then these objects are browsed inside Grome as any native format.

Regards,
Adrian L.
duke2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
duke2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I exported a collada file (.dae) and placed it in Libraries\Objects\SizeReferences (I made the size references folder), however inside Grome it's appearing as a folder:

ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please email me the file to licu at quadsoftware.com so I can have a look to see if there is something wrong with its format? Thank you.

Jump to: