www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Mask Generator Problem? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Dennis59
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Mask Generator Problem? Reply with quote

Using the demo version I've tried several times to apply more than one texture using the Mask Generator. The first texture works fine and covers the entire terrain. The second texture is assigned to the selection in a new layer but when I try to select and add the layer in the Mask Filter pane nothing happens. In the Grome-Atlas tutorial it the added layer shows up under layers in use. At any rate the texture isn't being added.

Am I doing something wrong or is this disabled in the demo?
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

First make sure your layers have masks (mask generator applies to masked layers). Secondly, make sure the terrain zones are selected. Also, make sure the layers are marked in use ("Use" button in selection is checked). If the above conditions are satisfied the layers will appear enumerated in the tool last section (you don't need to add the layers, the "in use" layers are marked as active in the tool ui).

Then create some distribution masks (press + in the distribution masks section of the tool), select slope, altitude, orientation for each. Then assign distribution masks to layers. For this select the distribution mask, select the layer and press the + button in the layers section. You will see distribution masks being enumerated under layers (in a tree like manner). So you assign distribution masks to layers (and not vice versa).

You can apply more distribution masks to one layer, different or the same to multiple layers etc. This system allows you to make any combination and apply the tool in one pass.

Let me know if it working for you after you applied the above steps.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: