www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Why are these forums private? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jenge
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Why are these forums private? Reply with quote

I'm wondering why these forums are private? When I was checking out Grome before picking up a license, the very few posts and available information in the forums wasn't exactly a selling point. I think looking over these posts would have positively influenced the decision. Maybe rename the forums something other than "Professional Edition" or merge them with existing discussion forums?

Grome's main selling point was the video tutorials + demo version. It also helped that we have been looking for a quality tool like this for quite awhile. I was damned near to starting to write our own. I'm glad I stumbled upon Grome!

-Josh Engebretson
President
Prairie Games, Inc
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, these forums are dedicated to Grome clients. We didn't want other users to come and post various things and pollute the dedicated forums. But indeed, you are right, some important things are discussed on these private forums that may affect the buying decisions. We will consider the decision to make these forums public (visible, but readonly) for everybody. Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards,
Adrian L.

PS: there are also forums for standard edition. And some discussions there can be considered common to all versions. So this is a great idea (to make the forum visible).

Jump to: