www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Replace object after it has been created « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
cmusch
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Replace object after it has been created Reply with quote

Hello!

Is it currently possible to replace the mesh behind an object that is placed into the scene?
E.g. after a model is renamed and cannot be found, is there an easy way to solve this situation, or do I have to manually replace all instances of this model?

regards
cm
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there is no way to replace an instance template (to switch the geometry behind an instance). You need to do this by recreating an instance of the new template with the same transform and properties as the old instance (I assume this post is pretty much linked to the one regarding instance cloning).

Another solutions we may need to consider as a future addon is an option in the Resource Locator where you can indicate new names for the missing resources. So your renaming problem could be fixed with the Grome UI rather than by using the SDK. I see this as a potential situation for many of the users so I will add this as an item in our todo list.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: