www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Standard version cannot start up - DRM issues(?) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
optime
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Standard version cannot start up - DRM issues(?) Reply with quote

Hi,

In contrary to the demo my experience so far with the Standard version which I bought today is a very unpleasant one:

- When trying to start the app I hear an alert sound an apparently there is a error being shown in a windows but that's covered by the splash screen.

- When trying to start the app with Administrator priviliges will throw an exception and tells me to contact support@oreans.com in 90% of all times.

- After countless tries the app starts and presents License Activation Dialog. There is a button called "E-Mail us". Clicking that will result in an error message saying the app is already running (winclient referring to my email program?). The app needs to be killed from task manager because the error dialog pops up again after closing. Then after closing my E-maill application and restarting the app again - hoping that it doesn't fail - will open my E-Mail client.

-- Thomas

Vista 32bit, 2GB RAM, Intel Core Duo 2.16Ghz
Hyperg
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We have received your support email and we will try to replicate the faulty behavior on one of our Vista systems. However, it doesn't seem to be related to the DRM, but rather to the security system we're using for our application. The support address you received is thrown by that component of Grome.

We will check the email client startup issue as well.

Should these problems persist, please send screenshots of the failure situations to support@quadsoftware.com (app not starting, email client startup errors, etc.).

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we'll try to fix the issues as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Razvan Dumitrache
Grome Development Team

Jump to: