www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

problems with plugins SDK « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kalwalt
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: problems with plugins SDK Reply with quote

im trying to test the plugin SDK. I'm working with VisualStudio2010 express ed. and when it make the upgrade osgExport plugin is not converted and also it is impossible to buildl the others .DLL . Using the 2010 version is not reccomended? should i use a previous VS version(2008)? i'm sorry but i'm not so comfortable in windows sometimes, preferibly i develop on linux.Smile

Thanks
Walter

p.s. i can, of course, start from scratch, but if it is another smarter option... Smile
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I know that the plugins work for sure with full version of 2010. I don't know if there are any restrictions of Express that makes the compilation impossible. Can you please post more details, maybe the output of the visual studio console when you try to compile.

With OSG indeed may be a problem since the exporter depends on the OSG libraries which I believe were compiled with Visual Studio 2005. You can try to recompiled the OSG with 2010 version.

Kind Regards,
Adrian L.
kalwalt
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will post soon more detailed information from my output console. thanks for the support.
Walter
kalwalt
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i reinstalled grome and the SDK with this fresh install the upgrade process fails. Opening only a single plugin project in VS i got this error: https://gist.github.com/kalwalt/5495439
as you can see , the last line is important
Code:
1>ImpBT.rc(10): fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'.

this happens because the express ed. require headers that come within the professional edition. This should be fixed downloading and installing the win 7 SDK (as i already did ). This is not the first time that i have this problem. I tried to solve but seems it's not so simple. maybe i need another patch or what else. If someone had this issue , please let me now how they solved.
Thanks

Walter
kalwalt
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i partially solved adding the afxres.h and winres.h needed headers in the folder and the project compiled fine but i can get only the win32 ver. Installing the win7 SDK should fix also this but maybe not all the files are installed properly.
For the OSG plugin i can use binaries from Alpha pixel that are compiled for VS2010 , i'm going to try this that initially was interested.
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, you right. Even if the plugins are not using any MFC classes, the project wizard from Visual Studio adds that include file. I guess a solution is to include the necessary files directly without using afxres.h. I think maybe these are enough:

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN // Exclude rarely-used stuff from Windows headers
// Windows Header Files:
#include <windows.h>

// C RunTime Header Files
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <malloc.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include <tchar.h>

I didn't tested it though.

For OSG, you need to recompile the engine with the exact version of Visual Studio so the C runtime between the OSG and the plugin match. I think in the past I've tried to compile the OSG engine with C runtime statically linked but this didn't solved the issue since OSG is using smart pointers to allocate and deallocate data and based on your code, sometimes the OSG objects are allocated by OSG while you need to release them on the plugin side. So the C runtime must match since Microsoft changes the allocation methods between C runtime versions.

Let me know if you manage to have it work.

Kind Regards,
Adrian L.
kalwalt
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The osgExport plugin doesn't upgrade succesfully within VS2010 express ed. , I installed the VS2008 edition and everything goes fine , i mean the upgrading and the compile process, though adding the afxres.h and winres.h headers. So it's a problem with the upgrade process.( this maybe it's dued a missed filed , i have to investigate) .
I will try your suggestion, when i have a bit of time.

thank's again!
Walter

Jump to: