www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

other View Mode? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
inucasoftware
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: other View Mode? Reply with quote

terrain had three Masked Texture.

top : L1 ( Value = 100 )
middle : L2 ( Value = 155 )
bottom : L3 ( Value = 255 )

I had can view L3 Layer.

I want other view mode.

L1 : Value ( 100 )
L2 : Value ( 155 )
L3 : Value ( 0 == not view )

Last edited by inucasoftware on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your exact problem.

If you are referring to the fact that you have 3 layers with Masked Texture and the Value refer to the mask value (the entire mask image is of the same value), then you can change the mask values with MaskGen. Just assign distribution masks, press their color thumbnail button (make sure Color is checked) and select the greyscale value and then assign them to the in-use layers and apply the tool.

More about generating textures here:
http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=editor&target=Editor/tutorials_procedural

Check the second tutorial, about procedural texturing.

If this is not your issue, please post more information and maybe some screenshots.

Kind Regards,
Adrian L.
inucasoftware
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I see. So you want to output the layers normalized. Grome doesn't apply normalization (all layers sum to add to 255) since it will slow down the editing without any advantage. Instead it puts the layers one on top of another.

What you need to do is to edit the layes in Grome so they look as you want (mark completely black the layers that you dont want to see etc) the normalize the layers at export (modify an existing plugin or create your own; I believe that some default plugins have the option to normalize masks, I believe large data exporter have a check for that). You need to leave top most layer as it is then go down and ajust the remaining layers so their sum is 255. Of course you need to edit the layer in Grome so they look as you desire. In the end the texturing will look the same as in Grome singe your engine shaders will work with normalized layers.

Let me know if I can provide more details. If necesssary send me some of your scene data and more screenshots.

Kind Regards,
Adrian
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I see. So you want to output the layers normalized. Grome doesn't apply normalization (all layers sum to add to 255) since it will slow down the editing without any advantage. Instead it puts the layers one on top of another.

What you need to do is to edit the layes in Grome so they look as you want (mark completely black the layers that you dont want to see etc) the normalize the layers at export (modify an existing plugin or create your own; I believe that some default plugins have the option to normalize masks, I believe large data exporter have a check for that). You need to leave top most layer as it is then go down and ajust the remaining layers so their sum is 255. Of course you need to edit the layer in Grome so they look as you desire. In the end the texturing will look the same as in Grome since your engine shaders will work with normalized layers.

Let me know if I can provide more details. If necesssary send me some of your scene data and more screenshots.

Kind Regards,
Adrian

Jump to: