www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Teaching « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
7seas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Teaching Reply with quote

Hello everybody.

I live in Argentina. I need a teacher in designing with Grome.
Can any of you help me in learning Grome on an assisted classroom course?
thanks
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am glad to hear that many educational institutions are interested in Grome. We are more than happy to provide you all the needed information.

Current video tutorials are a good way to start. We are also preparing (sometime in the middle of the year) new tutorials as new features are being added.

In order to better help I need to ask few questions:

Can you indicate your personal level regarding scene design? How much are you familiar with 3D rendering in general, terrain rendering, game level design, simulation application design?

What is the exact purpose of the classes? Is it game oriented, multimedia, graphics in general, simulation industry?

What is the level of the classroom? University, high school, private classroom?

You can post any questions you may have here. In the limited time we have we can also help you write tutorials oriented to your classroom specifics. Our programmers can help you with information about SDK (if you need to tackle the programming side too) while our artists can assist you in the designing, terrain construction and texturing areas.

As for licensing, we have reduced price for educational institutions. We can also reach advantageous deals (prices very reduced) for special cases. You can contact me for details at licu at quadsoftware.com

Regards,
Adrian
7seas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Adrian for your reply

These are the answers:

Personal level regarding scene design:
About 10 years experience in simulation industry, designing sceneries for Full Mission Shiphandling Class "A" simulators, maritime related.

Level of the classroom:
Our students are Pilots and Captains of our Merchant Navy

But I have no experience with the Grome.
I need the Grome in order to design our local sceneries, for training our Pilots, and in order to do Research & Development: to study maritime accidents, to modify some old navigational rules (for the safety of navigation), test engineering projects, prior to build a new riverside or seaside port, test any modification in port piers, jetties, or maritime terminals, prior to build them.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, current version of Grome is very good to create maritime scenery (create surrounding land, level seabeds, place port artwork on terrain coastlines etc). Also, the future version of Grome will also contain some new features that will help in this direction (for example: support for importing from geotiff formats that can contain georeferenced heightmaps and textures, leveling of terrain to follow a certain mesh etc).

Using Grome in simulation industry rely heavily on supported import formats (since many of the data comes from real world satellite images, elevation data, sea charts etc) and also on possibility to place textures, heightmaps and objects on real world georeference positions (using geographical coordinates, mercator projection etc). In case you decide to license Grome I can support you with work-in-progress (but stable) editing modules on this area.

So please contact us (on support emails or directly me at licu at quadsoftware.com) for more details about these features. Once you license our software you will get all the necessary support to get you started.

Regards,
Adrian
7seas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Adrian.

We`ll do it.

Jump to: