www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Mask Generator « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Zykomaniac
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Mask Generator Reply with quote

Just want to request or suggest someway to store spesific Texture Layer info, because changing between lots of texture layers and have to remask there is no way to remember every settings and which layer should affect which slope degree and so forth.

Currently I have to write it to a text document for each map and zone so that with all the variables written down inside there for later reference if I need to redo some parts.
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can save all your settings into presets. Just enter a name in the edit box at the start of the MaskGen tool and press the + button. You can save a preset with one distribution mask for every layer. You will give descriptive names which usually should match the layer name (example: High Peaks Snow, Muddy Waters etc).

The presets will contain all the information stored at that moment in the tool (except the assignment to the layers since this depend on your selection).

Some people were suggesting (and we are looking into this) that when a preset is added, its distribution masks are automatically assigned to layers based on the names (if the distribution mask has the same name as a in-use layer). This would simplify the processing.

Also, some are suggesting that the processing is applied even for selected swapped zones (they are unswapped, processed and then swapped back to disk).

To be noted that you can apply one or multiple distribution masks at once. If you are using a preset for each layer, you will need apply the each in a separate pass.

Regards,
Adrian
Zykomaniac
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then is it possible to request the ability to create a sub-preset, like storing different preset information into the sub-presets and the presets them selves just adds the required masks that is specified.

Because I actually use alot of layers, even with descriptive info its hard to keep track when I am working on 40-60 Zones. with atleast 25 which are completely unique.

Also I have to ask is it possible to request scrolling bars like the windows bars? because the current ones are veeery tiny, and when working fast in as an example, mask generator, I often try atleast 3-4 times before I hit the scrolling bar properly.
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About sub-presets, I believe this was a first variant of that tool (which actually was considered a bug at that time Smile I think that selecting a preset and instead of deleting the old settings, just add the new distribution masks, is a good idea. We will try to reintroduce this method in the tool.

About the scrollbar, I think you can just use the mouse wheel. Just put the mouse over the tool and scroll with the wheel. Also you don't necessarily be over the scroll bar to drag, can be anywhere in the tool as long as you are not in a subcontrol.

Regards,
Adrian
Zykomaniac
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, regarding scrolling, minor issue but not really, fraps makes the scroll not work that way. I just have to remember to shutdown fraps before using Grome ^^ can use some of the other recording tools instead.

Jump to: