www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

How to make ID map? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
takuhiro
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: How to make ID map? Reply with quote

Hi

How should I do to make the ID map described in the document?
For instance, I want to assign the ID = 2 in red and to assign the ID = 5 in blue.
Can such a usage be done?

Thankyou.
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Select the terrain zones you want to assign the ID maps to, then from the Project layers view (the Project tab in the right which is a subtab of second main tab) press the + button to add a texture layer (the third subtab, with some blue checks). Then the New Material Layer window appears. From here you will add the ID map layer which is a color layer (is a normal color layer except that point filtering is applied and the layer is maked as ID map, black meaning no ID). For this press New at the texture and select the size of the ID layer (its resolution for each zone). From here you can also select the default color of the ID map (maybe you need to put black to indicate no ids). Then at Layer Shading Configuration select ID Map. The id map layer is assigned (allocated) for the selected zones.

Next from the selection tab you mark the layer in use (by default is in use) and paint with colors on it. You can use ColorGenerator or Color brush. Make sure you select proper colors (you have number input in the tools, red being for example RGB= 255, 0,0). Also for the brush you select strength at maximum and Smoothness at minimum so no falloff (gradient) is created around your brush (so you paint with pure red).

The usage of ID maps really depend on your task.
At export, for example, you can use the ID map and change the color IDs with other custom information. How do you plan to use the ID maps? I may be able to provide you some hints.

Regards,
Adrian L.
takuhiro
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry for the delay in answering.
I was able to make the ID map by the teaching method.
However, it seems to be a little different from my desire. I thought the relation of ID to the color and use as event ID.
However, it is thought that it is solved by separately making the tool.

Thankyou.
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you indicate more details how you want to use the ID maps (the exact purpose for them)? I may be able to offer you better solutions.

Thank you,
Adrian
takuhiro
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For instance, the 8 bits texture is put. Data is ID from 0 to 255.
However, it is not possible to watch on screen.
I want to watch by allocating the color of red in the ID 0 to solve it. This looks like the bit map with the palette. If the texture with the palette that can be edited can be used, it is an ideal.
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

So you need this to be from 0 to 255. Are you using Graphite? Graphite, for example, at export it gets the ID map image, which is RGBA, and then palettize it by assigning proper palette index to each unique RGBA color. You can create your own export which assign various colors to various IDs if for example you want red to be always 0. But, in order to edit and visualize it, the ID map must be RGBA inside Grome. At export you need to transform it to indexed colors.

Regards,
Adrian L.
takuhiro
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The understanding seems to be insufficient for me.
I discuss about the workflow with the team.
Thankyou.

Jump to: