www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Torque3D « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mag-Tac
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Torque3D Reply with quote

GG has been slowly releasing info on Torque3D... Seems Atlas support will not be there. Perhaps something close but a little different. Hopefully since I just bought Grome for Atlas last month, I can still output files for thier new terrain whatever that ends up to be.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Torque3D becomes as used as TGEA is, for sure we will support their new terrain system. That being said I'm pretty sure that the new Torque engine will be an improvement of the old one and any new terrain system that will bring will make Grome - Torque integration even more seamless (it will support more Grome features, more blended layers, maybe even vertical mapping etc). Also, now that the Grome / Torque integration is widely used I will not be pretty surprise if the community will bring out the initial support even before we start it.

Regards,
Adrian L.
wolfsandle
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really excited about this especially since the new engine supports collada directly, so there will be more ability to place objects in Grome! I have already preordered the engine. If you need any testers to check new Grome interaction with Torque 3D please let me know.
wolfsandle
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from Garage Games website: We're planning to do major updates to Torque 3D every year. In most cases, these will probably be paid upgrades for current owners, but at some discount. Some major updates will allow for relatively easy porting (like this one from TGEA 1.8.1), some will be difficult (like the transition to components). The plan is to have a single 3D engine, this being Torque 3D, that we use to spearhead all our major development efforts.

The Beta is out!
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. I will contact GarageGames for access to their beta and hopefully I will have time to study their terrain support in the next days.

Regards,
Adrian L.
afan_o
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: T3d suport Reply with quote

Hi

Any news about T3d support I can't wait for that moment.
If you need some help about just inform us Smile
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We are still working to prepare the next version of Grome. Once we have a stable release we will work on other engines implementations.

In case this issue is very important for you we are more than happy to assist you. Objects export should be already supported (since from what I know T3D still uses mission files) while the adaptation of terrain export should be possible since T3D uses splatting textures while there are lots of splatting textures exports in the Grome SDK.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Adrian L.
afan_o
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: T3D Reply with quote

Thanks for fast reply. I will see what can I do about T3D implementation, I will start to work on .
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, don't hesitate to contact me if you need support.
Mag-Tac
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't needed a terrain in a while. But just checking in. Good to see T3D is being considered for support. I think creating terrains would be a lot easier.
afan_o
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will work on but I am waiting for Beta 3 becaouse there will be some sirius changes on terreain code, hope it will be soon Smile
wolfsandle
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this? We are now at version 1. If you need help testing let me know...
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are still working on other Grome editing related issues. We didn't had time to look into this integration so I cannot give you a certain date on our side.

On the other hand we are more than happy to offer any assistance to afan_o or any other user that is planning to do an integration of the Grome data with T3D.

Afan_o, let me know if I can help you in any way.

Regards,
Adrian
TheSpanishDonkey
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: torque 3d Reply with quote

When comes the new exporter version for Torque 3d?
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We didn't had time to test this, but does any Torque / Grome user tried to use raw heightmaps together with the image files Large Data Sets Exporter produces? I believe that the data can be imported into Torque3D this way. I know that the mission file produced with the old TGEA exporter can be used for objects instances.

I didn't had time to personally test the Torque3D integration with the current data produced by Grome plugins since we are currently working to provide the next updates to Grome. But I will try to give it a try in the future (but I cannot promise a certain date).

Regards,
Adrian

Jump to: