www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Road tool « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Webwing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Road tool Reply with quote

There is an image of the road tool on the Grome 2Žs page even showing a tool bar for it. There is also some topics where the tool is mentioned to be in Grome2. However I cannot find where or how to use it. Also no tutorial.
Has the tool been left out of version 2 or am I just unable to find it?

Thanks
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The road editing module was developed as part of customization work for a professional studio. Many of its settings and editing parameters were very much tailored for their requirements. We did licensed this module to other clients too but as a separate license (and the price it is not very indie orientated). So this is part of the customization program:
http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=customizations
Evey license comes with special work to make it compatible with client projects, special support, private forum etc. It is really a solution for professional studios.
If your company is interested in a price quote please drop me an email (licu at quadsoftware.com).
It may be that in the future this will end up in the public build (or at least functionality from it) but I cannot give you a certain date. Many other customized projects end up this way once they become general enough and of common interest.

Regards,
Adrian L.
Webwing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok. A bit disappointing actually.

I had read in a thread for Grome 1 a person asking you about the tool and you mentioned it would be in Grome 2.
There are quite a few much less sophisticated terrain generation programs that have a tool like this. I expected a software like Grome 2 would have it also.

IŽll try to find another way of dealing with roads. If it gets too messy IŽll get in touch and see if we can work something out.

thanks.

Jump to: