www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Oh noes! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
keinmann
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Oh noes! Reply with quote

Somehow I lost the Vertical 0 90 preset from the mask generator. I'm new to this, and don't really know what I'm doing. Embarassed I'm following the procedural texturing tutorial click by click, and I can't get it to work out now because of this. Every time I try to map the vert rock pattern on the other side of my slopes, it just warps the other side. So there's two layers, each are mapped correctly in their respective directions, but the one on top lays over the others, so you only see one at a time. And that makes it look like it's warped on the other side. But if I disable the layer, it reverses; one side mapped correctly, the other badly warped. :-/

But anyway, how can I 'reload' my presets or something. It was there, but now it's not for some reason.
ALicu
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can download the vertical mapping presets from here:

http://www.quadsoftware.com/storage/VerticalMaskGen.presets

Download this file. And then start Grome, goto main menu, Tools, Manage Presets and press Import to load this file into your configuration.

You can also easily reproduce these presets yourself once you are familiar with the way direction restriction and mapping rotations works in distribution masks.

Regards,
Adrian L.
keinmann
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I fixed the problem, but I really appreciate the support here!

Only problem I seem to have now is that I hardly have any textures. It was my understanding that Grome came in just one, fully featured version now. The tutorials have a huge texture library that I don't. I was told in my activation email to come here, log in, and click "available services" to download new textures and other things. Well, as far as I know, no such link exists. I can't find it anywhere. :-/ If you could point me to it, I'd greatly appreciate it. And I'd suggest making it not so difficult to find! Wink
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please login from the main page (www.quadsoftware.com) and after you login, in the same area, "Available Services" appears bellow. From there you can download terrain texture library, Graphite rendering library, grass textures pack, objects pack.

Regards,
Adrian L.
keinmann
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange... It appeared that time, but it wasn't before. I even did ctrl+f searches and it wouldn't find it. It was no where to be found. But it DID pop up that time, and in plain site. Could have been my browser, since I use a really elaborate security system that blocks Java/JS, and other web apps/executable content unless I manually enable it. And just before I tried it this time I re-enabled it all, and it works now. Wink So I guess my browser security was hiding it.

Jump to: