www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

A few problems « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
duke2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: A few problems Reply with quote

Maybe i'm not doing it right.. Occurs in both 32 and 64bit builds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4jtvCB6-U0
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to the Mask Generator tool? (It is very hard for me to visualize all the parameters since the resolution is low).

If this is the case, you need to add and assign proper masked layers (multiple layers with proper orientation). The distribution masks will operate on the layers they are assigned to from the tool UI. From the video it seems that you have only one layer and you didn't assigned any distribution mask to it.

Add multiple layers as described in the Procedural Texturing tutorial:
http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=editor&target=editor_tutorials2

Then at mask generator, mark the layers as in use and they will appear in the Layers section. Then select the distribution masks you want to assign to one or multiple layers, select the layer(s) and press the + button (under Layers section). The layers tree will have enumerated all the layers to be affected with their associated distribution masks bellow. This kind of assignment for processing allows you to apply multiple distributions masks to one layer, the same distribution masks to multiple layers and various other combination. Distribution masks are just describing the processing parameters to be applied to the layers. Layers must be existent and their masks (coverages) are affected.

Please refer to the above tutorial for details.

Regards,
Adrian L.
duke2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've re-recorded and uploaded to my webspace so youtube doesn't get it's dirty low quality hands on it. The issues are:

-FractalGen doesn't seem to do anything.
-ColorGenerator and MaskGenerator don't seem to do anything.

http://www.dukecg.net/GromeStuff2.mov
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, now I see all the details.

As described in the post above, when applying one of the generators you need to assign the distribution masks to the layers. So for example, at the Fractal Generator, select the distribution mask (just click on its name) in the tool UI, then select the Heightmap layer from the bottom of the tool UI (at Layers), and then press the + button from above (at Layers section). Now you will see the distribution masks assigned to the layer and shown bellow the layer name in the tool UI. Then you can press apply to process the layer with that distribution mask. The same with the color and mask generators.

For an exemplification, download this tutorial:
http://www.quadsoftware.com/movies/grome1/procedural_texturing.mov

And then go and look at exactly 2.30 min. There you can see how the distribution masks are selected, layer is selected and the plus button is pressed.

Regards,
Adrian L.
duke2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok - I obviously haven't used Grome for a while. So you have to couple the dist. masks with the layer so it knows.
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly. This system may seem complicated but allows you to do lots of distribution masks - layers combination. Glad I could help.
duke2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All plugins that i've compiled here won't load. The Grome console says this:

Warning parsing component "ImpRAW.plug" of "Plugins": invalid format (Skipping)

..and so on, for each plugin that's been recompiled. I'm going to check the source files that have been converted to VS9 against the install ones.

edit: Checked, no differences. The only other thing it may be is this remaining Warning i'm getting on compile, but it doesn't seem to be critical:

Code:

Warning   1   warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc80.pdb' was not found with '../../../External/LibJpeg/Lib64\jpg.lib' or at 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Grome 2\SDK\Grome\Plugins\ImpRAW\WinDLL\x64\Release - Professional Edition - WIP\vc80.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info   jpg.lib   ImpRAW
ALicu
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is shown for 32bit plugins that Grome 64bit is trying to load (or the inverse case, 64bit plugins loaded by Grome 32bit).

Can you send me one of your compiled plugins for me to test? Also can you send me the entire console log (console.log file from the Builder\Bin32\Logs or Builder\Bin64\logs depends what Grome build you are running)? You can use my email (licu at quad software . com)

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: