www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

New Versions « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mag-Tac
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: New Versions Reply with quote

From reading the posts it seems there may be a new version in the works? If so is there an upgrade discount option or cutoff date for free upgrades?
ALicu
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There is always a version in the works Smile

We are currently working on version 1.3 which will be a free upgrade for all the clients (it will be out in the first months of the 2008). Some builds of 1.3 are being tested by some of our clients, the ones that work on integrations with other engines.

Version 1.xx are always free for clients. They contain significant improvements but cannot be considered entirely new versions (they usually have few new tools, new parameters and speed improvements to the old ones, SDK additions). This is also the case for version 1.3 which also will be the first one to come with 64bit support.

Many of their additions are also requirements from the community. You can post your own project requirements here:
http://www.quadsoftware.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Depending on the complexity and their urgent need by multiple clients most the requirements will make it sooner or later in the public builds.

Version 2.0 is also in the works, but there is some time until it will appear (cannot give a certain date). Version 2.0 will have significant pipeline changes, probably different editions and special upgrade prices.

Regards,
Adrian L.
Quad Software
Mag-Tac
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply, wasn't expecting a reply on Sunday, and that clears up my question, I just read the other post wrong.

Will be a while before I can post suggestions, still learning. The x64 would be something looking forward to.
Sparticus
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETA on 1.3 ? You indicated above a couple months into 09...so you must be close *crosses fingers*
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are still working on the final details of the next Grome release. I estimate the release in about 1 month but I cannot give you a certain date and feature set.

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: