www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

File formats and pricing « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Henrik
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: File formats and pricing Reply with quote

I sent en email to Quad Software with two questions, but never received a reply, so I'll try my luck here instead:

1) What are the export file formats that Grome supports?

2) When will the pricing schemes for the standard and pro versions of Grome be released (and when do we have the possibility to buy it online)?

Cheers,
Henrik
Henrik
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: File formats and pricing Reply with quote

Henrik wrote:

2) When will the pricing schemes for the standard and pro versions of Grome be released (and when do we have the possibility to buy it online)?

Disregard the pricing question, my eyes started working and I found the answer myself.. Wink

File formats and when the online store will be available is still interesting though..

Cheers,
henrik
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We did send you a mail in the same day but probably get cought in the spam filter Smile

Anyway I will just type it again here:

Grome can export and import from any format. It has a Software Development Kit (that is not present in demo version) that will allow writing plug-ins for: import/export, query and modify terrain and objects geometry, textures. This would make possible data acquisition from any format. The SDK comes out-of-the-box with plug-ins for DEM, COLLADA, raw and other standard formats.

Grome will be available for commercial release in the following month and will be priced at 100 EUR per license for the Standard editor and 300 EUR for Professional.

A very important aspect of our business model is represented by under contract customizations. We can create custom tools inside the editor framework for custom entities placement, paths editing, custom imports/exports, physics simulations etc. We can also develop custom viewers (for virtual walkthroughs, game testing) that can quickly communicate with the editor and its data.

The editor is geared towards game developers in the sense that it’s using a graphical engine as its base. This allows us to make use of the latest hardware accelerated rendering. But in the same time, we’ve carefully designed our system very extensible so we can quickly implement client requested features.

Don’t hesitate to contact me for more details,
Adrian Licu
Software Engineer
Quad Software
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adrian,
I should have known that our filter would mess things up (I don't know what our IT-department is doing, but they're not doing it right).. Wink I've checked my junkmail-box knowing that this could happen, but it didn't show up there either. I did receive two mails from you today though.

Anyway, thanks for the answer; it sounds really promising and interesting, but I will email you with my final questions (and cross my fingers that our filters won't intefere too much Wink).

Cheers,
Henrik
hikmayan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian

I just run in to the link from another forum and I have to say this tool is very very promising.It will be nice to show the prices in two forms instead of just one.We can all do the math but it's not needed...just post the price in US currency as well. Cool
greedo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model format can grome import to place as objects?

Thanks,
greedo
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now it supports COLLADA (industry standard format developed by Sony for PS3 but now in the public domain) which is saved/loaded by all major modeling applications (Max, Maya, Blender, XSI etc). In short time (in couple of weeks after release) it will support other formats: obj, 3ds. After that expect integration with many commonly used engines (Torque, Ogre etc) formats too.

Grome will come with an easy to use and well documented SDK that makes exporting/importing very easy (from my experience, a format, if not complicated, should take no more that 1 day for a programmer to implement).

Regards,
Adrian Licuriceanu
Software Engineer
Quad Software
greedo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the demo version intended to import .dae files?
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the demo version doesn't include the SDK so it doesn't have any plug-ins.
greedo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALicu wrote:
No, the demo version doesn't include the SDK so it doesn't have any plug-ins.

Okay, it's just that after your previous post I thought that this collada import is not a plugin. I can't wait for the full version to be released. Cool

Jump to: