www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Presets missing « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
JamesW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Presets missing Reply with quote

Hi, I have just started looking at GROME with the with the standard edition. I have no presets at all, which from the tutorials doesn't sound right.

From a forum search I found a couple of posts along the same lines - one linked the necessary file but was for the professional edition. In the other one the link is no longer valid.

Where can I get the standard edition presets?

Thanks.
ALicu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The default presets you are seeing in the video tutorials are probably for the tools that are missing from standard version. Such tools, like FractalNoise and FractalBrush, are present only in professional edition and because they have complex parameters (while Fractal dunes, mountains and hills present in Standard are subsets of them and are the most common cases of parameters) they have multiple default presets. Difference between Standard and Professional are available here:

http://www.quadsoftware.com/index.php?m=section&sec=product&subsec=editor&target=editor_choose

Standard version is usually targeted for small, simpler projects, while Professional edition even if more pricey has lots of additional features. You can freely upgrade at any time by paying only the price difference.

From what I know there is no default preset for standard build but the user can add his/her own presets.

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
JamesW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The example I had in mind was from the texturing tutorial. Although I could tell this was aimed at the pro edition as it used features like vertical texture rotation, one of the presets was for masking based on slope. Since this is possible in the standard edition I presumed that the preset would be there.

It is not a problem as it took no time to create it myself - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks for the info.

Jump to: