www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Texture's problem with a .dae in Grome « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Guigui
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Texture's problem with a .dae in Grome Reply with quote

Hello,

I want to import an object from Maya to Grome (a simple plane with a .dds texture for the moment).
I install ColladaMaya and export my plane in a .dae file. Then I use the ObjectSpawn in Grome, and select my plane.
The plane imports well, but it has no my texture. It just has a kind of logo. (cf screen)
I didn't see the text "image not found", like I could see it on others topics (so for me that don't come from a path problem).
I make lots of tests, with max and maya, and different type of texture (.jpg/.png/.dds), and different paths, and in Grome I always see this "logo".

http://ftaquet.free.fr/Grome/screen_logo.jpg

Thanks for your help.
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send me this small collada file to have a look at it?

Most probably the texture is not found (but the "image not found" should be used instead). You can look in the dae file for <init_from> tag to see the texture path.

From my experience many collada exporters will put the absolute path for the image if you don't have the image in the same folder as the original file being exported. So in case the absolute path is used and the image is no longer there (it was moved in the mean time) it is no longer found. That's why I usually use textures from the same folder as my object, export it to collada and then move the dae file along with its images.

Anyway best would be to just send me the file so I can have a look at it. Thank you.

Regards,
Adrian L.
Guigui
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I send you an e-mail.
My texture is in a relative path, in the same folder of the .dae <init_from>./sea.dds</init_from>

Thank you
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I’ve found the bug. It was actually a type of material the collada plugin was not reading. We will have an update later today with this fix (together with GetTextureUVMap fix). In the mean time, if you need to quickly fix your files replace "lambert" with "blinn" or "phong" inside your dae (should be a <lambert> tag inside <technique sid="common"> in <library_effects>) or you can check if your collada exporter has the possibility to change the material (or maybe select a phong or blinn from Maya UI).

Best Regards,
Adrian L.
Guigui
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Thank you, with a blinn, I don't have any more the "logo". But now I have my plane map by the "image not found" texture, while, my texture is in absolute path. After several test, I find that if the .dae an is associate texture are place in folder with "space" in the name, Grome couldn't find the texture, with relative or absolute path.
For example if I put my .dae and my .dds in the "c:" folder, with as path texture :
<init_from>file:////C:/sea.dds</init_from> or <init_from>./sea.dds</init_from>, Grome finds well my texture.
But if I put it in the "c:/Program Files" folder, with as path texture :
<init_from>file:////C:/Program Files/sea.dds</init_from> or <init_from>file:////C:/Program%20Files/sea.dds</init_from> or <init_from>./sea.dds</init_from>,
Grome not finds my texture. Is it a bug, or I'm doing something wrong ?

Best regards,
Lambert
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes I think it is a bug. We've upgraded to latest COLLADA library and they seemed to change the way paths (URI in collada files) are operated. I had the same problem with other kind of paths in collada. I will look into this ASAP and make it part of the today update. Thanks again for the reports.
ALicu
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, the last build posted today (1.20.20) should fix this problem.
Guigui
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I test with the patch, and that's fine. Thanks a lot.

Jump to: