www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

Material Mask vs Distribution Mask « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Jaggedge
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Material Mask vs Distribution Mask Reply with quote

Hi I have a question about changing a Material Mask after I've assigned the texture to the selected zone.

Here's what I did:
Selected a zone and created a new Materials layer. Assigned the layer to the zone with a texture, and a new 128x128 mask.

Zone goes transparent, no problem, went over to MaskGenerator and used a distribution mask that would cover the entire zone with my texture.

Here's the twist, I unchecked the "Color" box, and selected a 1024x1024 custom mask to make my distribution mask extra special! Click Apply and only a small corner of my 1024x1024 appears as the mask.

Realising that I may need to have such adjustments in the future, I just want to ask if there's a way to modify the size of the initial Materials Mask? Or would I have to reassign the layer all over again?

Wink Thanks for reading!
ALicu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes unfortunately you cannot resize a layer for now (we plan to add this functionality in the future). So you will have to reassign the layer.

In case you want to keep the old layer (but filtered up to a new resolution) you can export your layer mask (using for example simple text exporter and selecting to export images to save folder). Go to the exporting folder, resize your image to 1024. Then in Grome clear the old layer from the selected zone, reassign it again but this time select the resized image as the initial mask. I know it takes some steps but it should work.

Regards,
Adrian L.

PS: The 1024 distribution image is using only its first 128 x 128 part as it is a one-to-one assignment between distribution mask and the layer.
Jaggedge
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the alternative, ALicu! I'm pretty sure that this is a feature that I won't use very often during the course of production, especially once certain standards are set in place, but it would be useful to have for those "oops" situations Wink

Jump to: