www.quadsoftware.com
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

SelectionFilter tool Bug « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
smoluck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: SelectionFilter tool Bug Reply with quote

Hello !

This is my first post about my testimonial on the demo.

So I've tried some tools and find a strange bug with the selection tool process.

I've done 2 selection layer:
Mountain and Valley

I've used the lasso tool to select an area on my ValleyZone, next I've copy zone data to MountainZone selection layer and Invert it with the SelectionFilter Tool in order to get 2 different maps that can split all the Terrain area.
But When I turn on Use on this 2 selection Layer I didn't got a full terrain selection as I wanted.

I got a little seams between Mountain zone and Valley zone that seams to didn't got a 100% selection but fairly 50 % selection tone.

I hope you will understood me Laughing

It's a bug or just a viewport known graphic artifact ?
ALicu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When you have two layers in use the result of the layers is taken as the maximum of the two layers. This is the most desirable approach when working with multiple selection layers at once (otherwise, if you use add, the selection values will quickly saturate to full selection).

In your case the layers are indeed complementary (if they are added the result is full selection on every point). When both are in use one layer values will always be bigger and when they meet you get a gradient from 100% to 50% and after that (as the other layer's value are bigger and are used) from 50% to 100%.

But don't worry, when you apply an effect on ValleyZone and then another on MountainZone you will get the correct complementary blending (where the selection meet, first effect will apply from 100% to 0% while the second one from 0% to 100%).

Regards,
Adrian L.

Jump to: